03 July 2012

I have decided...

I've really been thinking about it, self-reflecting, researching and praying about it.  And I have decided.  This Friday when registration opens for the Standard Chartered Marathon - I will sign up for the Full Marathon (42K).

It will take commitment.  Specifically 4 months out of my life (not much right?! haah) to train for this event.  I will be running 4 times a week with stretching and other workouts on other days.  My 100% rest days are on Friday.

Also.  One day I would really like to start a self hosted blog.  I think this site is getting pretty cluttered :P  We'll see.  One thing at a time!

At the beginning of this year I didn't even imagine planning for a marathon but I have been amazed at how far I have come and how much my body can handle and I know I will regret not going for this marathon because I'm playing it safe when deep down I believe I can do it and it is what I want to do.  Like one of the quotes I have posted before : "If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."

A dream doesn't become reality through magic;
it takes
sweat
determination
and hard work.
-Colin Powell

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...