25 December 2013

Chocolate Hazelnut Puppy Chow (not dog food)

I made these puppy chow (holiday snack/finger food) to put into the jar of my door gift.  The recipe and steps are below.  I got this from youtube.  It's so yummy but very sinful.  Good for snacking on once a year. :P

Recipe:
4 and 1/2 cups of cereal similar to pic below
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut butter, Nutella, or other hazelnut spread
2 tbsp butter
2 cups powdered/icing sugar

I doubled the recipe. 

Put the nutella, chocolate chips, and butter in a bowl.  Slowly melt it in a microwave like in the video.  Or if you don't have a microwave like me....

Get a heat proof bowl and put it over heated water but don't let the bowl touch the water.

Stir until you get this consistency.

Add it to the cereal.

Mix gently, making sure not to crush the cereal, until all is coated nicely with the chocolate mix.

Put icing sugar and the coated cereal into a big ziplock bag.

Shake the contents until it is well coated with the icing sugar.

You can now enjoy it!  In my next post I'll show you how I packaged the puppy chow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...